posted by Matt Ward on Jan 5, 2011.
It’s time for another awesome giveaway, this time courtesy of the good folks running the c5bundle. We have 3 copies of the bundle up for grabs, each containing $590 worth of goodies. If you use or are even thinking of using Concrete5 as your CMS, you’ll definitely want to get in on this one!
If you’ve been around the Echo Enduring Blog for a while, chances are that you will probably know that the site is built on and driven by WordPress. I love WordPress, with all its open source goodness and remarkable extensibility, through the immense library of themes and plugins that exist out there on the web.
However, when it comes to deploying websites, WordPress is not the only tool I use.
I am also very fond of the much lesser known CMS called Concrete5. WordPress is great for blogs, for websites that feature a blog, or even just for sites that are built on an articles/publication type architecture. However, while it is certainly possible to create a more static “brochure” type site with WordPress, I have typically found the content management solutions provided by Concrete5 to be a better fit in this area.
In fact, my portfolio is built on Concrete5, as is the website for my recently launched Survd app. It’s a powerful system that often gets overshadowed by some of the bigger players, but which has a dedicated and loyal user-base that is determined to see its market share grow. I certainly hope it will, because I think it’s a great system!
Anyhow, all of that is presented not only as an introduction to the CMS itself, but also as a precursor to the newest giveaway here on the Echo Enduring Blog. Our friends over at the html2c5 Network also love Concrete5 and have put together a bundle of addons to help build upon the already extensive core functionality. Selling for only $50, this bundle contains $590 worth of goodies including themes, functional addons and other extras.
Two of my favorites include:
- Clearview Theme – this is a beautiful and elegant little theme with some pretty slick menu animation. Make it your own by changing the background image!
- Defunct Testimonials – need to manage testimonials on your website? This package makes it super easy. Planning on incorporating this one into a website already!
There’s all kinds of other stuff too, like chat functionality, a story boarding app and even a tool for adding rounded corners to anything (if you’re not inclined to style them yourself). Be sure to check out the c5bundle website for a complete listing of everything that is included in the bundle!
Anyhow, it’s a pretty slick bundle of goodness and we’re giving you the chance to win one of three copies! So get to know Concrete5 and get in on the awesomeness!
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow me on Twitter. Trust me, I won’t clog your feed and I always try to tweet interesting articles and resources!
- Follow c5bundle on Twitter.
- Mosey on back here and comment. Include your Twitter handle (eg. @echoenduring), your email address (so I can contact you if you win) and a note about why you want to win this sweet prize!
- Spread the word! Tell everyone you know! Tweet this post, stumble it, blog it or post it to your favorite social network of choice! I’d really appreciate it! (optional)
A few basic contest rules:
- Only enter once.
- Contest closes after midnight (Standard Eastern Time) on Jan 12 2011.
- I will be tabulating entries, and selecting and contacting the winner within several days of the contest closing.
- We will then make arrangements for you to claim your prize!
So there you go. That should be all the details you need. So go on, enter this contest! Oh, and don’t forget to head over to take a closer look at the c5bundle to look at everything that is available for yourself.Post A Comment
Also from Echo Enduring Media: